15 May 2018 (Tuesday)
SQS LAB 4, UUM
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- understand the importance of sampling techniques
- distinguish between probability sampling and non-probability sampling
- identify sampling frame and appropriate sampling
- determine the sample size
Accompanying persons: The workshop is not offering an accompanying person’s registration fee. Any persons wishing to attend any part of the workshop MUST register as a participant.
Payment can be made through:
1. Credit/ Debit Card (Online)
- Browse http://e-com.uum.edu.my/bend/paymode.jsp
- Follow all required steps as instructed.
- Note : for ‘payment for’ choose ‘other payment’
- Note : for ‘description’ : key in ‘SQSSC WORKSHOP 2018’
Please keep the notification of payment made as proof of payment. Scan and upload the proof of payment at the registration link for verification of the transaction. You also need to bring the original payment slip during the registration. You are required to show the proof of payment to the committee on the registration day of the workshop. Failure to do so will result in your name being not listed as participants.
2. Bank Transfer
Transfer should be made to the following account:
Account Name: UNIVERSITI UTARA MALAYSIA
Account No.: 02093010000010
Bank Name: BANK ISLAM MALAYSIA BERHAD
Please write a remark “REGISTRATION FEE FOR SQSSC WORKSHOP 2018”
Please upload a scanned copy of the Bank Transfer receipt at the registration link for verification of the transaction. Kindly write down the participant’s name, date and time of the transfer and city of origin.
Our facilitator obtained her doctoral degree in Statistics from the University of Lancaster, England. Currently, she is an Associate Professor at School of Quantitative Science, Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM). Among courses taught are Introduction to Statistics, Applied Statistics, Research Methodology, Decision Analysis and Forecasting Techniques. Her primary research interests are in forecasting and statistics.
04 928 6419
- Dr. Mohammad Shukri
- Dr. Mohd Saiful Adli
- Dr. Mohammad Shukri
8.30am - 8.45am
8.45am - 10.45am
- Introduction to Sampling Techniques
10.45am - 11.00am
Tea Break (provided)
11.00 am - 1.00 pm
- Probability Sampling vs. Non-Probability Sampling
- How to Determine the Sample Size?
1.00 pm - 2.30 pm
2.30 pm - 4.30 pm
- Sampling Hands-On: Case Study