25 November 2018 (Sunday)
BSG SQS, UUM
Mendeley is a desktop and web program produced by Elsevier for managing and sharing research papers, discovering research data and collaborating online. Specifically, the program allows us to:
- collaborate easily with other researchers online
- import papers from other research software
- find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- access your papers from anywhere online
- read papers on the go with iPhone app
- automatically generate bibliographies
This session gives an overview of Mendeley and is run in two parts. Part 1 covers the basics of using Mendeley as a citation manager and part 2 covers more advanced features.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- create a Mendeley profile account and install Mendeley Desktop in your computer.
- add, edit and organize references using Mendeley
- create bibliographies with Mendeley in Microsoft Word
- manage PDF documents with Mendeley
- use the Mendeley ‘Papers’ database
- use social networking features in Mendeley and collaborate with other researchers
Accompanying persons: The workshop is not offering an accompanying person’s registration fee. Any persons wishing to attend any part of the workshop MUST register as a participant.
Payment can be made through:
1. Credit/ Debit Card (Online)
- Browse http://e-com.uum.edu.my/
- Follow all required steps as instructed.
- Note : for ‘payment for’ choose ‘other payment’
- Note : for ‘description’ : key in ‘SQSSC WORKSHOP 2018’
Please keep the notification of payment made as proof of payment. Scan and upload the proof of payment at the registration link for verification of the transaction. You also need to bring the original payment slip during the registration. You are required to show the proof of payment to the committee on the registration day of the workshop. Failure to do so will result in your name being not listed as participants.
2. Bank Transfer
Transfer should be made to the following account:
Account Name: UNIVERSITI UTARA MALAYSIA
Account No.: 02093010000010
Bank Name: BANK ISLAM MALAYSIA BERHAD
Please write a remark “REGISTRATION FEE FOR SQSSC WORKSHOP 2018”
Please upload a scanned copy of the Bank Transfer receipt at the registration link for verification of the transaction. Kindly write down the participant’s name, date and time of the transfer and city of origin.
Our facilitator obtained his doctoral degree in Computing from the University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom. Currently, he is a senior lecturer in Mathematics at School of Quantitative Sciences, Universiti Utara Malaysia.
He is the author of journal articles in IEEE Transaction on Fuzzy System, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, and also book chapter in Springer.
His current and previous research interests include complex system modeling, fuzzy rule base systems and networks, computational intelligence, financial and decision analysis.
04 928 6358
- Dr. Mohammad Shukri
- Dr. Mohd Saiful Adli
- Dr. Mohammad Shukri
8.30am - 8.45am
8.45am - 10.45am
- Getting started with Mendeley
10.45am - 11.00am
Tea Break (provided)
11.00 am - 1.00 pm
- Mendeley as a citation manager
1.00 pm - 2.30 pm
2.30 pm - 4.30 pm
- Advancing your Mendeley knowledge
- Mendeley as a academic social networks