17 April 2018 (Tuesday)
SQS LAB 4, UUM
- Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) is a powerful performance evaluation technique for assessing the relative efficiencies of organizational units.
- Being a non-parametric technique, DEA does not need any prior assumptions that accompany other statistical approaches.
- DEA is also considered as a powerful bench-marking technique since it identifies efficient units and inefficient units in which real efficiency improvements are possible.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- define the basic DEA terms.
- explain the concept of efficiency
- how to measure efficiency by using DEA model
- explain the DEA results.
- use DEA Solver software.
Accompanying persons: The workshop is not offering an accompanying person’s registration fee. Any persons wishing to attend any part of the workshop MUST register as a participant.
Payment can be made through:
1. Credit/ Debit Card (Online)
- Browse http://e-com.uum.edu.my/bend/paymode.jsp
- Follow all required steps as instructed.
- Note : for ‘payment for’ choose ‘other payment’
- Note : for ‘description’ : key in ‘SQSSC WORKSHOP 2018’
Please keep the notification of payment made as proof of payment. Scan and upload the proof of payment at the registration link for verification of the transaction. You also need to bring the original payment slip during the registration. You are required to show the proof of payment to the committee on the registration day of the workshop. Failure to do so will result in your name being not listed as participants.
2. Bank Transfer
Transfer should be made to the following account:
Account Name: UNIVERSITI UTARA MALAYSIA
Account No.: 02093010000010
Bank Name: BANK ISLAM MALAYSIA BERHAD
Please write a remark “REGISTRATION FEE FOR SQSSC WORKSHOP 2018”
Please upload a scanned copy of the Bank Transfer receipt at the registration link for verification of the transaction. Kindly write down the participant’s name, date and time of the transfer and city of origin.
She is a research fellow of the Institute of Industrial Strategic Decision Modelling (ISIDM). Her current research emphasizes on the use of multi-criteria decision making methods (MCDM) such as Data Envelopment Analysis method in solving allocation and evaluation problems. She has conducted many DEA workshops in UUM and outside UUM.
04 928 6344
- Dr. Mohammad Shukri
- Dr. Mohd Saiful Adli
- Dr. Mohammad Shukri
8.30am - 8.45am
8.45am - 10.45am
Session 1: Basic
- Introduction to DEA
- Identification of suitable performance evaluation problems
- Basic DEA models
10.45am - 11.00am
11.00 am - 1.00 pm
Session 2: Technical
- Selection of input and output variables
- Model orientation
- Constant Return to Scale
- Variable Return to Scale
- Strength and Limitation of DEA
1.00 pm - 2.30 pm
2.30 pm - 4.30 pm
Session 3: Hands-On
- Hands-On with DEA-Solver LV
- Interpreting DEA Results